Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Have I become so jaded that I can only see the wrong?

The other day, after reading my blog, my wife turned to me and asked, "How come all you can do is complain? Why can't you find anything good in what's going on?" To be honest, I had to sit back and think about it. Have I become so jaded that I can only see what's wrong with the first black president is doing?

After some soul searching, I realized that maybe I am jaded, and I might have a reason to be, but that's only because I feel like I'm Paul Revere, and the current administration are the Red Coats marching on Bunker Hill.

To be perfectly honest, I am to the point that I hold all politicians in equal contempt, and want nothing more to do, than smack them in the back of the head, like Gibbs does on NCIS. I want to get their attention and whisper, "Hey, read the constitution. It's not your job to control private businesses, or take care of the non-contributers, or even manage the economy. Your only job is to defend our country, create laws, and then let us enjoy our lives, our liberty, and our pursuits of happiness."

If I could, I'd quietly point out that this is the United States, not midevial Europe, and that Senators and REpresentatives are not members of the aristocracy. After all, that is what our founding fathers fought to free us from. But now, 233 years later, our public servants consider themselves the rulers, and are even talking about leaving their senate and house seats to their children, all the while, trying to take away our abilities to live independant lives and our god given rights to speak out against tyranny.

No comments:

Post a Comment