Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rumor: Democrats want to make it possible for states to increase the welfare roles while still getting the incentive payements

Overheard on the radio this morning: "The Democrat controlled congress, with the aid of the treacherous three have slipped the following provision into the Obama Bailout package: States may increase the welfare rolls, while at the same time lying about discussing retraining with welfare receipients, in order to maintain the federal incentive payments that states get for each person who goes off of the welfare rolls."

It brings to mind the old joke of, "How can you tell a politician is lying? His lips are moving."

It never ceases to amaze me, that the country of "Don't tread on me," has become the country of "I want the government to be my babysitter." Am I the only person that sees the welfare system as the new slavery? Or am I the only person who has studied history enough to know that when you get too dependant upon other people taking care of you, that you lose the ability to think for yourself?

The fourteenth amendment, section one, states, "Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

It could just be me, but when you take money from anyone, for anything that's not a hard days wage, that makes you a slave to them. It's doubdly so when the very people who pay you are the ones you vote for.

I guess, once again, my question is: "Why would anyone let the idiots in washington tell them what to do?"

I suppose that if your freedom is for sale, then I hope you get your bucks worth. But as for me and mine, We'll remain free and tell the dipsnots in washington to go fly a kite.




No comments:

Post a Comment